LoudPen
Today, I would like to encourage you all to keep on writing. Why? Because, I was ready to stop. I was ready to delete both my blogs and give it up because I have been blogging for almost a year at my other blog and have only three followers (as of today) and I am convinced that I am the only person who truly reads my blog.

So today, as I was contemplating hitting that pretty orange "delete this blog" button, I logged unto my blog and realized that I had received a third follower who had also left a comment. This to me was a sign from above. This sign showed me that you should never give up hope or stop believing in yourself. I know that sounds cheezy and is a recycled cliche`, but, it's true.

As soon as I was ready to say, forget it, the sun came out from behind the clouds. This just goes to show that although, it seems that no one reads your writing or your blog, that doesn't mean that you're not good at what you do. It simply means that you need to work on building a relationship with readers. Find out who your potential readership is and figure out what they're currently reading. Then find a way to inform them of something, entertain them, or figure what is missing from their bookshelves or Google Reader (if blogging), and write it. Write a blog post, poem, or short story that is original or different from what readers are currently used to.

In essence, you should keep writing, because, it's what you were born to do. You love it and you know it. You wouldn't be on this blog, if you didn't. Remember, when the page comes to life...so do you.
6 Responses
  1. *Ms.Glam* Says:

    Amen!
    I just started my blog and I was trying to get all the do's and dont's and make my blog "readable" but I decided to just write ME.

    Keep it up!

    *MG


  2. CareyCarey Says:

    Well Ms. loudpen, I wrote a post on "cheap seats". Why don't you drop by and check it out. I think y'all find the comments in that post quite interesting. It addresses exactly what you are talking about "no one listening"


  3. CareyCarey Says:

    A small note ..."blogging from the cheap seats" is the post I am referring to. Not death in the cheap seats.


  4. LoudPen Says:

    Thanks for all the great comments everyone.

    Careycarey, I will definitely be checking out that post.


  5. CareyCarey Says:

    Promises promises ...just kiss me in the morning *lol*

    Hey, there is a method to this madness. Someone is always reading but if you leave a comment at someone elses spot, others will feel your voice. Now of course if "your" words are that of a fool ....well. But seriously, when you visit someones blog, think about what you are trying to say because others are reading that as well.

    Btw, I noticed that you joined my site. What got you over there? Where you just fishing or what?


  6. LoudPen Says:

    Careycarey, I believe I came to your site by way of Rippa at the Intersection of Madness and Reality. And yeah, you're right about how commenting on other blogs can encourage people to hit up your blog.

    I learned that from a Blogger named Darren. He blogs at problogger.net and is currently doing a challenge called 31 Days to Build a Better Blog Challenge.


Post a Comment