LoudPen
Yesterday, I discussed the key to writing. Today, I would like to identify what writing has done for me and what it can do for you. Writing or being a writer, I should say, has made me more aware and has forced me to grow as a person. I have become more in tune to my surroundings and this forces me to see and notice details that the average person wouldn't normally take notice of. This awareness has made understand things that are different from me so I am more diverse because my knowledge is so vast. My personality now reflects my broad interests so I can interact with and get along with all types of people. Also, retaining knowlege in so many different areas makes you seem more intelligent because you know something about everything.

Writing is how I discovered myself. I became what I wrote on the page because that was the only time I wasn't judged, criticized, or made fun of for how I felt. Writing gave me the freedom to say what I want when I want. But, not only that, it made me be more truthful with myself about my own issues and shortcomings; Everything I was thinking and feeling couldn't always be someone else's fault, I had to take responsibility for my mistakes and wrongdoing.

Now, let me tell you what writing can do for you. Writing can be your path to self-discovery (as it was mine) or it can be an outlet for you. Writing can be the time where you create an imaginary world that features characters you'd like to meet or hang with or people you would hate because you want to explore the psyche of someone different from you. Or if you can't find a man/woman then write a story/book about your dream man/woman and you will figure out what you truly want in mate. Or writing could be a chance for you to vent about the woes of life that will remain unpublished in a journal or diary. Whatever your writing is about just write.

So to conclude, writing can do for you what it has done for me and that's any and everything. On that note, I'll leave you with the following lines from my poem The Power,
The Power makes me anything and everything
it makes me as constant as the time
and your sweet tooth cause suga ain't got shit on me
0 Responses

Post a Comment