LoudPen
Okay, so the last few posts focused on writing and blogging, but, today I want to focus on blogging. After reading, a post on http://careycarey-carrymehome.blogspot.com/,called I'm Blogging from the Cheap Seats...can you hear me? I realized that needed to write this post, I'll tell why later.

In the post Carey (the author) talked about how he's new at this blogging thing and made the metaphor that blogging can be like being at a concert, yelling from the nosebleed section where no one can hear you. Not only is this assertion true, but, it seems that alot of bloggers feel this way. Why? Because most of us don't really know what we're blogging about and so, of course it is hard to obtain readers.

Therefore, I would like to teach you how to choose a blog niche. How do you do this? Find a central point to blog around and then do it. Like if you interested in Fashion, then you can blog about fashion but, twist it and blog about Fashion don'ts instead of fashion dos. Or if you like Comedy then make your blog, humor based but, highlight comedians of the past. Whatever you blog is about just make sure it's unique and different and the accolades will come.

Also, you can do what I did for my other blog, The Loudest Pen Ever, and develop an editorial calendar. When I say editorial calendar, I mean that I wrote down each day of the week, and wrote a blog post title that I would blog about on that day. This gave me more direction and took a lot of pressure off of me, because, all I now had to do was write the actual post. The hardest part of blogging is figuring out what to blog about. But, if you have an editorial calendar, you now have a theme-based blog, and you never have to worry about what you will blog about and neither will readers.

Anyways, I hope this post has helped my fellow bloggers. And as my promised, I will be explaining why I wrote this post on tomorrow's post. The post is tentatively titled, How You Know You're A Blogger. So stop by tomorrow to check it.

Remember, when the page comes to life...so do you.
Labels: , edit post
4 Responses
  1. CareyCarey Says:

    One thing I will say is you are true to your word *wink*, longpen. See, I've even given you a nickname.

    Now I am sitting by waiting for the rest of the story. I need a little comeup. I am always interested how this thang should be done.

    On a side note, I think if you would like to link or highlight a subject/blog, there's a tool in your system to do that. If you do that, the reader can hit it and then come right back to you.

    You may have already known that *smile*.


  2. LoudPen Says:

    Sorry, the post was so long carey. I'll try to keep it shorter the next go round.


  3. CareyCarey Says:

    NO NO! The post wasn't long. I was just told (by one of my blog mentors) that I should always "highlight" a link. She said it was just blogging etiquette. See, I didn't know how to do it but I found instrutions in my layout dropdown.

    If you don't know what I am trying to say, my e-mail address is posted in my header.

    Nawl dear, your post was fine. Now I am the one that has looooong posts.


  4. LoudPen Says:

    Okay, thanks for the explanation. But, I want to tell you that I wasn't offended even if that was what you meant. I thought it was funny because people always tell me I talk too much.

    I'll try to figure out the highlight a link thing.


Post a Comment