LoudPen
Today, I would like to discuss what we as writers should do when we have writer's block. The answer...absolutely nothing. Like that old school Xscape song, kick off your shoes and relax your feet. Don't worry about finishing the story or whatever you're writing, right then and there. Take a break and go have fun. Also, make sure you don't do anything related to reading or writing.

I learned this lesson this past weekend, because, I was experiencing writer's block. However, as the typical writer, I was in denial. I kept forcing myself to try and write and I ended up frustrating myself further and at the end of the day, I still had nothing to post on either of my blogs. So, I finally gave up and decided to try and post again the next day. The next day, I still had no luck. But, what I realized on day three was that I needed those three days to relax and not think about what to write and how to write it. I was in desperate need of some mindless entertainment.

Getting back to the original point, my break from writing/blogging gave me a chance to relax and stop pressuring myself into writing the next great blog post. Then on Monday, when I came back to the blogs, I was more excited and refreshed and happy to be posting on my blogs again. So, take my personal advice, if you have writer's block don't stress it. Take a break and go kick it with your homeskillets and when you come back, the writing will bigger and deffer.

Remember, when the page comes to life...so do you.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment