LoudPen
So since last Thursday, the blogosphere and the media have been influxed with the news of Michael Jackson's death. I'll admit that I was in denial at first. When my co-worker texted me announcing it, I didn't believe her. I texted her back and said that Mike was just being dramatic and would be okay. Sadly, this was not true. After gulping down a couple Heinkens and watching CNN, I realized it was true. However, it wasn't until I got home and put on the HIStory DVD, that I was able to fully come to terms with the fact that my hero was no more.

After reading tweets, blog posts, and the articles of the mainstream media, I finally feel that I am ready to write my Michael Jackson tribute post. However, because on this blog is usually the how to blog that teaches writers and bloggers to become better writers, today I am going to teach you how to write a Michael Jackson tribute post.

First of all, you must start with a basic description of Michael's early life the fact that he was born in 1958 in Gary, Indiana, the seventh child of nine. Then give a brief description of his years with the Jackson Five; maybe even add in tidbits about how cute Michael was and a comment about how Michael was the star of the group. Move onto to talk about how Michael goes solo and begins coming into his own with the classic album, Off the Wall. Fast forward to an anaylsis of Thriller and make sure you say that it was the best video, choregraphy, make-up, and acting ever to be produced in a music video (because it was).

Go on to talk about how Michael continues to bring out great music with the Bad album, even though he continued to get lighter and weirder with each song and video. Throw in more tidbits about how Michael starts to experience scandal and how he must confront the pressures of fame. Allude to the fact that Michael's legal troubles, "financial woes", and drug addiction lead to his downfall. To end your tribute post, write all your favorite MJ songs and videos and show cute pictures of yourself as a kid with all your MJ memorabilia still in tact. Then ask others to comment on the tragedy of the life that was Michael Joesph Jackson.

But, it doesn't end there. Because that's just how they wrote their Michael Jackson tribute post. This is how I'll write mine, I'll say Michael, I never understood you, met you, or saw you in concert. But, your music, the only part of you that I was ever truly supposed to know, touched me. And because, I knew your music. I think I know you. You were the cute boy who sang his ABCs, the boy who grew up and felt the force, then became Badder than Wesley Snipes (who keep in mind was Nino Brown), you remembered the time with Iman, made me feel butterflies...you just made me feel and love. And dance. And that's the Michael I know.

I don't know the Michael who was scared or insecure cause I never had personal interactions with that Michael. I don't know the Michael that fell in love and got married to Lisa Marie and those other chicks (whose names I don't feel like googling); I wasn't at those weddings nor was I there for the courtships so how do I know that love was real? I wasn't there when your "children" were born so, I definitely don't know Michael the father. I don't know the Michael that "molested" those boys, because, again, I was not there.

And in the last years of your life, I didn't know that you were sick or that you were on presciptioned narcotics. How was I supposed to help you or love you? All I know, all we know...is the music. Your music. And that's all we were ever supposed to know. So people, do like me...when writing your Michael Jackson tribute post. Write about his music and his music only. Leave all that other ish out cause the truth of the matter is...no matter who reports it, CNN, NBC, FOX, your favorite blogger...it ain't true. WHY? Cause they weren't there. No one is EVER really going to know. That's between Michael and God. And only God can judge me so either love me or leave me alone. (Jay-Z)

That's my tribute to Michael Joesph Jackson.
2 Responses
  1. CareyCarey Says:

    Hello, Ms. Bigpen, *smile* I was wondering if or when you were going to return. I don't read many blogs on Michael Jackson for all the reasons you mentioned. In fact I didn't read any for several days. I did a post "I don't look in caskets" that spoke of my reasoning. Welcome back.


  2. LoudPen Says:

    Thanks for the welcome. With this post, I was trying to come back better than ever. Now if I could only keep up with that.


Post a Comment