LoudPen
So, after taking a look at some other blogs and reading the content, I am realizing...I'm not on their level. There are bloggers out there making money, and being interviewed because their blogs are popular and feature great content. Not only that, but, their blogs have great designs and each blogger has their own distinct style and voice.

I think that my blog has distinct content, posts that make you think in Say What?!, and laugh in Buzz-Kill. However, my design isn't what it could be. The design is awkward as I'm still using the Blogger.com platform and because of this I'm very limited in terms of design theme. I want a three column template, but, a couple of months ago, I tried downloading one and lost a lot of the blog's content. Then, I had to put everything together all over again. Then, I was going to get some grand blog designer, but, as my funds are tighter than fresh cornrows, that didn't happen. So here I am with a blog, with a black background, and pink, purple, and blue font. Go figure right?! I was in some type of weird girly mood when re-doing the fonts, yesterday.

But, no the point is that I need to get on their level. I want to be interviewed, and commented on (in posts), and become a respectable site. I want to make this blogging thing more of a reality than it already is. I've got big dreams and they go beyond my Blogger.com platform. I'm working my way up slowly, but, surely. For instance, since my month off from blogging this is the first time I have posted three days in a row. Not much to some (cause that's what my behind outta be doing), but to me it's a big accomplishment. It's easy to blog when you have 30+ comments, hundreds of followers, and your site is being recognized. But when, two weeks go by and no one visits but you and the comment box still says zero...motivation is far and few between.

But, I gotta take my own advice and find the motivation. The accolades will come later...I hope.

And there you have it. The Pen Has Spoken.

Oh and to all my followers on this blog, please check out my main blog and true passion, The Loudest Pen Ever at http://theloudestpenever.blogspot.com. This is the blog that I post on daily and content is always new and fresh. This blog is simply a supplement to that one, which why I double-posted this post on both blogs. So anyways, just wanted to make that note.
2 Responses
  1. Gloria Says:

    I know just how you feel . . I've just started a blog and wish I had more followers, and yes, I'm impatient to . . but I'm gonna keep on doing it so long as it feels like fun. I'm gonna support and follow this blog and hope that you'll visit me and support and perhaps follow me?

    Off now to look at your other blog . . .

    Keep going girl!!!!


  2. Anonymous Says:

    It is nice to have a lot of comments; but if what you're writing is shit....does that really matter?!?

    If rather than posting a blog filled with thought; instead I posted a blog with pictures of Amber Rose, Rihanna and Vanessa Williams nude.....I'd probably get more comments than I've ever had on any of the tired blogs I've written. But is that what we really want?!?

    Nah, keep writing the quality stuff that you write. In the end, everything will work itself out.


Post a Comment