LoudPen
Today, I'm going to switch things up a bit and do a narrative non-fiction piece about my life as a writer: Where I've been and Where I'm Going.

Today's date is a special day for me because it marks the one year anniversary of my college graduation. Scary, right? As I woke up this morning, I began to reflect on the past year of my life and I realized that...it's been a crazy one. My last year of college was my hardest, because, English majors at Hampton University (the REAL HU) are required to take a year long Senior Seminar course where you must write a twenty to twenty-five page thesis paper, and at the end of the Spring semester you present your paper and defend it in front of a panel of professors. Scary, right?

But, I managed to pass this class with flying colors and go onto march in that Mother's Day commencement. After graduation, I was beyond flustered and confused about what the heck I was going to do next. I returned to my parents house in Cincinnati, where I proceeded to be absolutely miserable. I was on a job search grind, but, with a bad economy the job search was bleak. So, somehow I end up getting an interview with a huge company in NY and when I came up here for it, I basically never left. I crashed on my friend's couch for a few days, then I started renting a room and once I got my first job, I got my own place. Scary, right?

So there I was, in NYC a place I had only been to once before moving to, all alone in an unfurnished apartment. Things were very strange in those days. I kept to myself and didn't say much to anyone. I watched the same movies over and over again and basically ignored everyone except, extremely close friends and family. And the fact that I was/am working two jobs didn't help matters. I was on constant overload and the worst part was that I still didn't know what I wanted to do with my life.

Then one day, something in me snapped. It was just like, ok, no more feeling sorry for yourself, get up and stop stressing everything and just be happy. And since that day, that's what I've been doing. I try let things roll off my back and not get stressed about little things. Plus, I know what I want to do now. I want to be a famous Blogger with a blog that's equally as famous, I want to create an event/organization that will serve as a community for Bloggers of color, then I want to start my own production company, and lastly, I want to become a millionaire. Scary, right? I mean, it's like I want to take over the world. Oh wells, it's the ambitious Virgo in me.

But, for real, I just wanted to share with you, Where I've Been and Where I'm Going. Hope you had fun reading my tale. Writing a personal story helps you to reflect and think about things you would or wouldn't do differently. That's why I wanted to share my story with you.

Remember, when the page comes to life...so do you.
Labels: edit post
0 Responses

Post a Comment